Fifth annual HB Cares Minnesota event to provide more than $70,000 in donation gifts to seven charities
Minneapolis, Minn - HelmsBriscoe, the global leader in meeting procurement, today announced they will host their annual HB Cares holiday event on Thursday, November 20th from 5PM - 8PM at the Radisson Blu at the Mall of America. Sponsoring seven Twin Cities charities, through its partners, the firm this year has raised more than $70,000 to purchase care packages and other tangible goods their sponsored charities are in need of to support their various missions. Over the past four years the firm has raised and provided gifts totaling $221,000.
With an expected headcount of 300, Associates, Clients, along with their Hotel and Destination Partners, will gather and travel through stations to provide volunteer manpower to assemble "Welcome Home Baskets" for homeless families getting back on their feet and moving into a new home, care packages for veterans, and decorating hats for children going through chemotherapy.
The following charities will be the recipients of donations from this year's event:
· Ronald McDonald House Twin Cities - Volunteers will make baking or soup mix in a jar so families can bake or cook a meal from scratch - the kind of activity they would do at home.
· Love Your Melon - Volunteers will decorate and embellish hats with messages/graphics and assorted bling to keep the heads of kids going through chemotherapy warm while providing them confidence to get through a tough time in life.
· The Simpson House - Volunteers will fill a laundry basket with necessities for moving into a new home. The baskets will assist the homeless clientele the house shelters once they are ready to move into their own home.
· Bloomington Theatre and Art Center - Volunteers will assemble art kits this organization uses when they visit Alzheimer patients, under-privileged children and nursing homes.
· MN Assistance Council for Veterans - Volunteers will assemble backpacks filled with necessities such as hats, gloves, personal care products for veterans in need.
· Earle Brown Charter School - Volunteers will assist the school's Baby Steps program designed for teen moms committed to completing their education. Eleven families are being adopted and equipped with gift cards, toys, books and warm clothes.
· National Ataxia Foundation - Volunteers will assemble upscale baskets or containers featuring various themes to be used at their silent auction fundraising event.
"Seven local charities will benefit from the dollars, time, talent, sweat and labor of our Partners, Associates and Clients, said Michael Bergman, HelmsBriscoe Vice President. "In the spirit of the season of giving, we have received overwhelmingly positive feedback from past attendees as our annual gathering serves up so much more than food and drinks in a stuffy ballroom. This special event brings together all who make our business possible and allows us to celebrate our partnerships while intentionally giving back to the community."
HelmsBriscoe is the global leader in meeting procurement for a variety of corporate, Association and government clients. Spanning more than 55 countries, their highly respected network of more than 1200 procurement specialists booked 4.6 million room nights last year. By using their proprietary technology, collective market knowledge, and volume based purchasing power, HelmsBriscoe Associates facilitate the research and contracting processes, thereby mitigating the risk and increasing the return on their clients’ meetings. For more information, visit www.helmsbriscoe.com.
HelmsBriscoe Puts Needs of Local Charities as Guest of Honor at Holiday Gathering