Saving Grace - a Night of Hope Celebrates its 10th Annual Fundraising Event Providing Education & Resources on Preeclampsia
Originating in Minneapolis, the national Preeclampsia Foundation is happy the event has come home.
Who: Preeclampsia Foundation (www.preeclampsia.org)
What: Saving Grace - a night of hope fundraising event - Goal is to raise $250,000
When: September 12, 2014 5:00 PM VIP Reception/6:00 PM Silent Auction/7:30PM Dinner and Program
Where: The Depot Minneapolis - 225 South 3rd Avenue Mpls 55401
Who: Event Founder/Mother of Grace Jaime Nolan will host the night. Tim Mahoney to provide entertainment. Jaime's story details here
Why: Preeclampsia is a life-threatening disorder that occurs only during pregnancy and the postpartum period. In the U.S., a woman is diagnosed with severe preeclampsia every 6 minutes.
- Worldwide, preeclampsia claims the lives of an estimated 500,000 babies and 76,000 mothers each year.
- Preeclampsia accounts for 15-20% of the 13 million premature births worldwide.
- Half of all pregnant women do not know the warning signs of preeclampsia.
- The cause, and therefore a cure, still eludes the medical community.
Money raised at event will go towards the following initiatives:
Educate, support and empower women – and their friends and loved ones - on the warning signs, long term consequences and medical understanding of preeclampsia, including their need to get timely, appropriate care.
- 140,000 patient education brochures and materials distributed to clinics, health centers, and provider offices
- 500 health care providers educated through in-person and online CME/CEU courses and symposia over the past three years