Daily Diner Frogtown to offer $1.96 meals through end of year
Starting October 28th diners can enjoy a menu of nine meals all day on Tuesday for the comparable cost of a meal and care at the Union Gospel Mission.
The Daily Diner Frogtown, the Union Gospel Mission's culinary training program and full service diner, today announced they will offer a meal special that will run all day on Tuesdays starting October 28, 2014 culminating on December 23rd. On that last Tuesday of the promotion, the Daily Diner will in addition to the special meal pricing, serve 30 gallons of free soup and chili in the giving spirit of the holiday season.
The meal cost - $1.96 - is the cost that their parent company the Union Gospel Mission, a service agency providing housing, counseling, resources and meals, spends to provide care and one hot meal for Twin Cites men, women and children that are in need. The special menu will be served all day and includes:
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast- Slices of our handmade delicious cinnamon roll grilled to a golden brown sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Waffle- A crisp, fluffy Belgium waffle served with custom cinnamon maple syrup and whipped butter.
- One egg plus- one egg, any style, served with your choice of toast or pancake.
Lunch- Served with a pickle spear and your choice of coleslaw, cottage cheese, potato chips, or French fries.
- BLT Sandwich- Bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayo layered on toasted whole wheat bread.
- Tuna Salad Sandwich- White albacore tuna salad, served on grilled bread with lettuce and tomato.
- 4 the Love of Grilled Cheese: Cheddar, Swiss, American, and Pepper Jack cheese with grilled tomatoes, served on grilled wheat bread.
- The Diner Wedge- A wedge of crisp iceberg lettuce topped bleu cheese dressing, bleu cheese crumbles, fresh bacon bits, & diced tomatoes.
- Quarter Fried Chicken (dark)- Hand breaded and cooked in our pressure fryer. Served with French fries and coleslaw.
- Mac and Cheese- Our special house-made cheese sauce topped with Cavatappi pasta and served with bread sticks.
For individual photos of the meals visit Daily Diner on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.293817504075715.1073741830.173619216095545&type=3